We all love an easy dinner so thought it was time to bring back some recipes. I haven’t actually posted any new recipes since moving into the new house almost 2 years ago (!!!). Feels good to be back in the kitchen and cooking my own meals rather than depending solely on take-out. This type of meal is my favorite because while it’s homemade, it still includes some store-bought elements that makes it super easy and quick. I’m just at a point where if there’s a more convenient option, I’m going for it (ie: pre-peeled garlic, jarred sauce, diced onions, etc.).
This recipe calls for peanut sauce and my personal favorite is this Vietnamese one I buy at Whole Foods – the one I linked is $24 so don’t buy that LOL. Take a quick trip to Whole Foods instead (unless you’re THAT lazy and rich). I’m sure just about any peanut simmer sauce will get the job done though.
I’ll spare you the spiel and get straight into it. There’s nothing worse than a blog post that turns into a novel when it’s just supposed to be a recipe, am I right?! I’m assuming you guys won’t even be reading this part LOL so I’ll shut up now.
Peanut Chicken + Coconut Rice
What you need
- 4 Skinless + Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Jar Peanut Sauce
- 1-2 Zucchini, sliced
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups Rice
- Coconut Oil
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Cilantro (optional)
What to do
- Cook your rice either on the stove or a rice maker using the coconut milk instead of water. I like to put the rice and coconut milk into a small saucepan and cook on the stove.
- Head coconut oil in a pan on medium heat and add your chicken breasts.
- Once they are browned, add your zucchini slices and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the whole jar of peanut sauce over your chicken and zucchini and lower heat to simmer.
- Simmer for a about 5-7 minutes, covered.
- Serve your chicken and veggie over a bed of coconut rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Garnish with a fresh sprig of cilantro.
VINEGAR CUCUMER SIDE:
- Add 2 parts vinegar, 1 part water.
- Add 2-3 tspns sugar.
- Soak your cucumbers for at least an hour.
- Sprinkle some red pepper flakes for added kick.