Hummus is part of my household essentials. I can eat it with or on literally anything. Don’t believe me? Here are all the different ways I ear hummus. Ready?
Toast with hummus, over easy eggs, & paprika
Pita chips & hummus
Veggies & hummus
Baked chicken with hummus & olive oil
Hummus with hard boiled eggs, olive oil, & paprika
Pretzels & hummus
Rice & hummus
Avocado & hummus
Often times it ends up on my plate as a side and will accompany whatever chicken and salad I’m eating. It’s just so yummy! I definitely still buy hummus at the store since in the morning I’m not especially into whipping up a fresh batch, but for dinner parties I love making fresh hummus. It’s super easy and the creamy consistency is so different than store-bought. I promise you’ll want to work this into your regular rotation at home.
Serves 4-6 people
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tblspns fresh lemon juice
- 2 tblspns tahini
- kosher salt
WHAT TO DO:
- Rinse your garbanzo beans.
- In a blender, bullet, or food processor, combine the garbanzo beans, garlic, olive oil, tahini, & lemon juice.
- Pulse, don’t blend. You will need to use a spoon to move the mixture around so it doesn’t keep blending the same spot.
- I don’t mind some chunks in mine but you can definitely blend it through entirely. Just don’t over blend.
- Serve in a bowl, drizzle more olive oil, & sprinkle some paprika.