I’ve been itching to try a new fish recipe lately and this one couldn’t have been more perfect. It’s easy, fast, and delicious. I’m still a little nervous cooking fish since I’m pretty new to it, so I tend to stick with tilapia since it’s a super tender white fish. Also, it cooks pretty easily, which I really needed when starting out. I’m always paranoid I’m under-cooking my food and with tilapia you can easily tell when it’s fully cooked through.
One little sidenote before I jump into the recipe, the sauce is extremely delicious and light; however, it’s pretty buttery. The butter doesn’t exactly bother me since I don’t usually eat butter (everything in moderation), but it does make for a very rich sauce. It doesn’t seem that way while eating it, but too much sauce will give me a stomach ache. I guess I should also mention that I have an allergy to dairy, so…
If you’re looking for a new recipe to throw into rotation, this one is it!
WHAT YOU NEED // For 2 people
- 2 pieces of Tilapia
- 2 large lemons (1 for juicing + zesting, 1 for slices)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- Fresh parsley
- Salt + pepper
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat the oven 425º + lightly oil a 9 x 13 baking dish / tray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, juice from 1 lemon, zest from 1 lemon, and crushed garlic.
- Season the tilapia with salt + pepper and place in the oiled baking dish. Add the lemon slices over the fish.
- Drizzle the sauce over everything.
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes. I prefer 10 minutes so it’s perfectly tender and falling apart.
- Garnish with chopped parsley & serve immediately.