You guys, does anyone drink whiskey? My husband is a big scotch sipper so I’m often forced to try his drinks (why does he always make me do that?) and I’m never really into it. I love a smokey cocktail, but scotch and whiskey tend to be a bit too smokey for me. I’ve always loved the idea of pouring myself a whiskey after a long day, especially with those cool whiskey glasses and giant ice cubes, but who am I kidding? This isn’t Mad Men and I love a tropical drink (not too sweet) at the end of the day.
When I was introduced to Beach Whiskey my interest was peaked, as the concept of a “day whiskey” sounded interesting to me. After all, day drinking is my fave and the word “beach” pretty much sets the tone for the type of alcohol it is–light and refreshing. To top it off, there is an Island Coconut flavor. S-O-L-D.
While the Island Coconut flavor is perfectly drinkable on the rocks (I can finally live out my dream! ha) I have a recipe that combines everything I love in a cocktail. Let’s recap shall we: spicy, smokey, fruity (not sweet), light, and refreshing. For this cocktail I did chose to make my own jalapeño simple syrup, but if that’s too much work for you just grab some from the market. I won’t judge.
It’s actually very easy to make simple syrup. Here’s how:
- Combine 1/2 cup of sugar with 1/2 cup of water in a pan over medium heat
- Let the mixture sit until it boils, stirring occasionally
- Once the sugar completely evaporates and the mixture is clear turn the heat off
- Add 1/4 cup of sliced jalapenos to the pan and allow to sit for 10 minutes
- Pour the syrup into a mason jar to store
*Tip: Strain the simple syrup so the seeds don’t infuse the drink with too much spice
BEACH WHISKEY COCONUT COCKTAIL
What you need
- 2 oz Beach Whiskey in Island Coconut flavor
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 3/4 oz pineapple juice
- 3/4 oz jalapeño simple syrup
- Club soda
What to do
- Combine the Beach Whiskey, lime juice, pineapple juice, & jalapeño simple syrup to a shaker.
- Shake well.
- Strain the drink into a whiskey glass filled with ice.
- Top it off with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a lime and jalapeño slice.
This post is in collaboration with Beach Whiskey. As always, all opinions are my own.