You have seen various renditions of this salad on the blog before. It usually happens around summertime since it’s a light + refreshing snack, but each time I tweak it slightly. I find this salad to be the perfect pool party salad, as the colors are bright + happy, the taste is delicious, and it’s extremely easy to throw together. Most likely you already have a watermelon that will be served, but chances are you will throw away a good amount (since they are huge). So why not put half of it to good use?!
The key to making this salad extra delicious?
Get FRESH, double-cream, Danish feta. Unsure where to get it? Any ethnic or specialty market usually has a good assortment of fetas at their deli. Trust me, once you’ve had the “good stuff” you won’t ever be able to eat that pre-packaged feta ever again.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Half a watermelon, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- A ton of mint, ripped off the stem + torn up by hand
- Fresh, double-cream, Danish feta (1 pound), crumbled by hand
- Balsamic vinegar reduction (TJ’s sells it bottled)
WHAT TO DO:
- Lay out a layer of watermelon on a long, large serving platter
- Add feta + mint
- Add another layer of watermelon, then repeat Step 2. Keep doing this until you’ve used all your ingredients
- Top it off with the balsamic reduction
- Voila! Done.