I’m madly in love with this new salad. It’s been a while since a salad has really blow me away and I must say, I’ve eaten this salad on repeat for the past week. Paul is equally impressed, but not as obsessed, and not really into eating it twice a day, everyday. However, I promise you the unexpected hint of citrus juiciness from the clementines, mixed with the creaminess of the avocado will do wonders for your taste-buds.
Also, I learned something new about kale that has transformed ALL my kale salads. Ready for it? Massage your kale! Yup, you read that right. Kale is big and crunchy, and often a little messy to eat since your mouth tends to get so full. So here’s what you do: after your kale is washed, torn, and ready to go, pour a glug of GOOD olive oil over it, sprinkle with salt and pepper and get those hands ready to massage. Scrunch up the kale between your fingers and give it a good squeeze. Obviously don’t overdo it and make sure your hands are clean!
KALE, AVOCADO + CLEMENTINE SALAD
What you need
- Fresh kale
- 2-3 Clementines
- 1 large Avocado
- Sesame seeds (preferably black)
- Olive oil
- 3 tblspoons Rice wine vinegar
- 2 tblspoons Toasted sesame oil
- 1 tblspoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon agave
- Salt + Pepper
What to do
- After your kale is covered in olive oil, salt, and pepper, and massaged, pour the sesame seeds over. Peels the clementines, cut your avocado and top the salad.
- In a mason jar, add the vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, agave, and salt + pepper. Shake up well.
- Pour dressing over salad and enjoy!