When it comes to cocktails I’ve got 2 slight obsessions: 1) I love a spicy drink, and 2) I love fresh strawberries mashed into my drinks. I know, it’s pretty specific and I’m lucky if cocktails even have one of the two. So pretty much when I concoct my own drinks I go to town. This drinks was actually made purely in an effort to not let my strawberries go to waste. I apparently bought way too big a carton and even a daily smoothie was not enough to use those babies up. And I know what you’re thinking…why don’t you freeze them, duh? But I have, and it may just be that one bunch, but I’m telling you…it was nasty. Like, I almost puked. So that’s never happening again.
If you love a margarita but aren’t the hugest tequila fan (like me), then this drink will change your mind. About margaritas, not the tequila. There is still nothing in this world that will make me take a shot of tequila. Or anything, really. But especially not tequila. In other words, the other ingredients are so potent (in a yummy way) the alcohol part of the drink is almost unnoticed. Oh, I guess this is when I warn you that it tastes so good you may slurp these down a little too quickly. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
SPICY STRAWBERRY MARGARITA
What you need
- 3-4 fresh strawberries per cocktail
- 1-2 slices jalapeno
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 shots Tequila
- 1 shot Cointreau
What to do
- Pour the tequila + Cointreau into a shaker.
- Add the sliced strawberries + jalapeno slices, muddle.
- Pour lime juice into the shaker.
- Shake well.
- Add ice to your glass.
- Strain cocktail into glass, or try it with all the chunks (which is what I did).
- Garnish with a strawberry on the rim + a couple jalapeno slices in the liquid.