I’ll be honest. When I have a watermelon I usually eat about half and then the other half sits in the fridge. I usually give it a good week or so before tossing it but lately I’ve actually found a much less wasteful use for the poor thing. I’m all about summer salads and this one is just too easy and good not to share. It doesn’t take a whole lot of watermelon since even small chunks tend to be a mouthful so this is a good one to also make when hosting a larger dinner.
What You Need:
- Watermelon chunks (bite-sized)
- Fresh feta, crumbled
- Pine nuts
- Balsamic glaze
- Olive oil
What To Do:
- Before anything toast your pine nuts on a super low flame with a little olive oil. Allow them to brown slightly and then remove from the heat.
- Pile the arugula, then add the watermelon and top with crumbled feta.
- Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts.
- Drizzle the glazed balsamic over everything.