My summer fantasies all include rosé and watermelon. There is just something so season-appropriate about the two, and any recipe that allows me to utilize one (or both) is something I am willing to try. This salad is probably something you’ve seen floating around Pinterest each summer, but I like to think my version is a lot quicker and simpler–hence the Skinny Snack tag–than the charing that is required in the other recipes. If you are totally new to this combo, trust me, this is something worth trying. The sweetness from the watermelon mixed with the saltiness of the feta, topped with the sweet tanginess of the balsamic reduction will rouse all your tastebuds. Not to mention, the arugula, which always has such a distinct kick to it, is as satisfying as it sounds!
Watermelon + Feta Salad
What you need
- 1/2 of a small watermelon cut up into squares (you can select your thickness)
- enough feta to top each piece of watermelon (cut into cubes)
- handful of arugula
- olive oil
- balsamic reduction (TJ's has the best squeeze bottle of this)
- salt & pepper
What to do
- Line a plate with arugula.
- Drizzle olive oil over arugula.
- Place watermelon on top of the arugula.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper over watermelon.
- Add feta on each piece of watermelon.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the entire salad.