The reason I started this segment on the blog–Skinny Snack, that is–is due to my continual need to eat! Since I work from home I often have the urge to be snacking on something (anything!!) but inevitably find myself either bored with my healthy food or just looking for something fattening. I’d have to say that one of my biggest challenges of being at home most days is the eating thing. I’m never satisfied with my weekly store runs, and am constantly looking for ways to keep my stomach happy. These snacks are all very quick and easy, for those of use who are on the go (or those who are chained to your desk at home and have only 5 minutes to prepare something yummy like me), and require pretty basic ingredients. Goodbye bored taste buds!
Caprese + Avocado
What you need
- Fresh buffalo mozarella, cut into slices
- 1 organic tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tblspns olive oil
- Balsamic reduction (TJ's has the best squeeze bottle of it)
- Salt + pepper
What to do
- Coat your plate with 1 tblspn of oil.
- Lay the tomato, cheese, then avocado on top of oil.
- Pour the other tblspn of oil over ingredients.
- Top with salt + pepper to taste.
- Squeeze the desired amount of balsamic.