Quinoa, pronounced KEEN-WAH, has always been readily available to be cooked in my kitchen but never quite made it. Something about the blandness or card-boardy taste just didn’t do it for me. Paul recently proclaimed that he would love a “quinoa salad with mint” and that was all it took for me to realize that quinoa, like a basic white t-shirt, just needed accessorizing (or flavored ingredients in this case) to make it good. I would recommend making a batch of this salad and refrigerating it, as it lasts almost all week and makes for the perfect little (healthy) snack.
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic cloves, shaved
- Cook the quinoa according to your box (each one is slightly different).
- Chop up the tomato, cucumber, beets, mint, and crumble the feta.
- In a separate small bowl, mix up 1 tblspn of olive oil, 3 shaved garlic cloves, and squeeze the juice of an entire lemon. Add a little salt & pepper.
- Combine quinoa, chopped ingredients, and top with salad dressing.
- Eat while warm the first time and refrigerate the rest (can be eaten cold later).