I grew up eating my mom’s angel hair pasta, which was light and flavorful, but have yet to successfully make it. It always turns out too oily or lacking serious flavor. I crave the intense basil aroma that fills the house, and the juicy, warm tomatoes that leave an unforgettable taste in your mouth. I decided to try something a little different that combines my mom’s recipe along with some of my favorite ingredients. The result? A delicious, easy pasta that will be added to my list of go-to meals. Try it out. You won’t be disappointed.
What you need
- linguine pasta
- olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, half sliced & half minced
- 1/4 tspn red pepper
- handful kalamata olives, destoned
- 2 handfuls very ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- a small bunch of fresh basil, leaves picked
- fresh parmesan cheese
What to do
- Boil water for pasta with a dash of olive oil in the water.
- Heat a saucepan with olive oil, add the garlic and red pepper.
- Let cook for 2 minutes, then add the olives & tomatoes.
- Let cook for 2 minutes, add the basil.
- Reduce heat and let cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour cooked ingredients over the cooked pasta.
- Top with fresh parmesan.