The author of the book-turned-movie Something Borrowed, Emily Giffin, recently turned the big 4-0 and she celebrated in serious style. Opting for a youthful blend of hot pink and tangerine, this lovely estate was decked out in every corner with something to look at. While the home is structurally traditional, the white-based furniture was modern, taking the edge off the girlie-ness. Over the weekend she shared her personal album from the soiree and I’m not gonna lie, she made turning 40 look pretty good!
Tag Archives: Emily Giffin
I am always in search of a good book. However, between summer’s book-turned-movie winners to the endless supply of novels and celebrity penned ‘beach reads,’ I have had an amazing streak of great reading. It just seems like there is never enough time to curl up with your recreational reading when you want it most. Here are some suggestions of books that I recently read and loved.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett (book & movie were fantastic)
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain (great love story with an interesting spin on iconic writers like Shakespeare & Hemingway)
- One Day by David Nicholls (book was great, movie was terrible)
- Bossy Pants by Tina Fey (this one will have you laughing for the short time it takes you to read it)
- Heart of the City by Ariel Sabar (a compilation of true love stories placed in NYC)
- Marshmallows for Breakfast by Dorothy Koomson (should be a movie…excellent)
- Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin (author of Something Borrowed series….LOVE her!)
I would love to hear some of your recommendations as well….as I said, I am ALWAYS looking forward to my next read