There are two essential ingredients that I must keep in my fridge for nights like tonight. Faced with hardly any good sides to cook, green beans and mushrooms are my go-to fillers (separately, of course). My boyfriend particularly likes my green beans, which have an Asian flavor, and so here is my homemade recipe for Gucci green beans….enjoy!
Prep+Cook time: 15 minutes
- Fresh green beans
- 1 tblspn Sesame oil
- 8 Fresh garlic cloves (5 minced, 3 whole)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- A dash of red pepper
- Cut the ends off the green beans
- Heat a skillet with sesame oil and garlic on medium heat
- Add green beans, stir for 2 minutes
- Pour in soy sauce and cover for about 10 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally
- Sprinkle green beans with red pepper
Tips: You will know your green beans are done when they are soft enough to cut with your teeth. Also, lowering the heat in the last 2 minutes the green beans are cooking will reduce the soy sauce, making a thicker/sweeter sauce. Delish!